Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[2018] Royal Assent: Caputian Nationality Act, 2017
(01-11-2018, 06:12 PM)The Woolsack Wrote:
(12-26-2017, 02:54 PM)Gerhardt Eugen Seydlitz Wrote:
[Image: Gnyq9Sl.png]

THE CAPUTIAN NATIONALITY ACT, 2017
An Act to Define Caputian Nationality and for related purposes.

BE IT ENACTED, therefore, by the Queen's Most Excellent Majesty, by and with the advice and consent of the Lords and Burgesses in this present Parliament assembled, and by the authority of the same, as follows:

Article 1. Citation.
This Act may be cited in all purposes as “The Caputian Nationality Act, 2017.”

Article 2. Caputian Nationality.

The following are subjects of Her Caputian Majesty's Kingdom of the Union of Caputia: 

a. Those who were naturally born of citizens of the defunct Commonwealth of Hamland, who have not otherwise renounced their nationality

b. Those who were naturally born of the King of Hamland, or subjects of the defunct Kingdom of Hamland, who have not otherwise renounced their nationality
c. Those who were naturalized by Her Caputian Majesty's Prerogative through Her Majesty's Office of Immigration and Naturalization prior to the enactment of this Act, who have not otherwise renounced their nationality
d.  Those who are naturalized by Her Majesty's Office of Immigration and Naturalization in accordance with this Act, who have not otherwise renounced their nationality
e. Those who are naturally born of subjects of the Kingdom of the Union of Caputia in accordance with this Act.

The provisions of this Act shall not infringe upon Her Majesty's Royal Prerogative in recognizing individuals that Her Majesty deems worthy to place under Her protection.

Article 3. Caputian Passport.

Every Caputian subject shall have the right to be provided a passport, except where Her Majesty's Government may, by Order-in-Council, determine that a Caputian subject is a clear and present danger to the Queen and the Kingdom.

Article 4. Immigration and Naturalization.

There shall be an Office known as Her Majesty's Office of Immigration and Naturalization, to be superintended by a Commissioner of Immigration and Naturalization, who shall be a Caputian subject appointed by Her Majesty at the advice of Her Majesty's Government. The Commissioner of Immigration and Naturalization shall be authorized to naturalize foreigners under such conditions as Her Majesty-in-Council may provide.

Article 5. Renunciation of nationality.

A subject of Her Majesty may, by written statement sworn under oath, voluntarily renounce their nationality before Her Majesty's Office of Immigration and Naturalization, attestation of which by the Commissioner shall make renunciation final and irrevocable. No renunciation of nationality may take place when the Kingdom is at a state of war or national emergency.

Article 6. Right to residency.

Except when otherwise provided by law, or where Her Majesty's Government has, by Order-in-Council, determined that a Caputian subject is a clear and present danger to the Queen and the Kingdom; all subjects of Her Majesty possess the inalienable right to reside peacefully within the Kingdom.

Article 7. Terminology.

Every reference in this statute to "The Queen," and to “Her Majesty” shall, unless the context requires otherwise, be deemed to include a reference to Her Majesty’s lawful heirs and successors, of either gender.

Article 8. Commencement.
This legislation and all the provisions therein shall come into force upon receiving the Royal Assent.

[Image: jzmYnSe.png]

ROYAL ASSENT

Responsio Regis: "La Reine le veult."

ELIZABETH, Queen of all Caputians, Queen of Hamland and of Her Other Realms and Territories, Queen and Governor-General of Haifa, Supreme Governor of the Church of Caputia, Captain-General of all Caputia, Defender of the Faith, Uniter and Defender of the People, To Our right trusty and right well-beloved the Lords Temporal of Our Realm and to Our trusty and well-beloved the Knights Citizens and Burgesses, together in this present Parliament assembled, GREETING:

FORASMUCH as in Our said Parliament the CAPUTIAN NATIONALITY ACT, 2017 has been agreed and accorded upon by you Our loving Subjects, the Lords and Burgesses in this present Parliament assembled, and endorsed by you as has been accustomed, yet the said Act is not of force and effect in the Law without Our Royal Assent given and put;

AND FORASMUCH as We cannot at this time be present in the House of Our said Parliament, that being the accustomed place for giving Our Royal Assent to such Acts as have been agreed upon by you Our said Subjects the Lords and Burgesses, We have therefore caused these Our Letters Patent to be made and have signed them, and by them do give Our Royal Assent to the said Acts and Measures, WILLING that the said Acts and Measures shall be of the same strength, force, and effect as if We had been personally present in the said House of Our said Parliament and had publicly and in the presence of you all assented to the same:

AND WE DO DECLARE that after this Our Royal Assent given and declared as is aforesaid, then and immediately the said Acts and Measures shall be taken and accepted as good and perfect Acts and Measures of Parliament and be put in due execution accordingly:

In Witness whereof We have caused these Our Letters to be made Patent:

WITNESS Ourself at Bellesea Palace the 12th day of January 2018, in the first year of Our Reign.

BY THE QUEEN HERSELF SIGNED WITH HER OWN HAND -

[Image: VgIv1EA.png]

[Image: UIs1g83.png]          [Image: 3bSN1pq.png]
Her Majesty, Queen Elizabeth I
(formerly known as Regina Ravaillac)
Queen of the Kingdom of the Union of Caputia

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [2018] Letters Patent: Greenstreet to Baron Petrynsk Queen Elizabeth I 0 12 Yesterday, 03:34 PM
Last Post: Queen Elizabeth I
  [2018] Royal Assent: Judiciary Act, 2017 Queen Elizabeth I 0 8 01-12-2018, 03:21 PM
  [2018] Royal Assent: Statutory Instruments Act, 2017 Queen Elizabeth I 0 9 01-10-2018, 11:09 AM
  [2018] Royal Decree of Graces Queen Elizabeth I 0 24 01-02-2018, 02:51 PM
  [2018] Royal Assent: Economy Act, 2017 Queen Elizabeth I 0 18 01-02-2018, 09:37 AM
  [2017] Proclamation: Board of Directors of the Caputian National Defense Laboratory Queen Elizabeth I 0 15 12-19-2017, 10:10 PM
  [2017] Proclamation: Royal Styles and Titles Queen Elizabeth I 0 19 12-17-2017, 02:58 PM
  [2017] Order-in-Council: Territorial Waters and Border Control Act, 2017 Queen Elizabeth I 0 30 12-13-2017, 12:18 PM
  [2017] Proclamation: Seydlitz to Ministry of Reconstruction and Infrastructure Queen Elizabeth I 0 30 12-11-2017, 02:11 PM
  [2017] Proclamation: Ministry of Reconstruction and Infrastructure Queen Elizabeth I 0 40 12-04-2017, 04:18 PM