Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A (Hoennese) Realm of Possibility
They were a very interesting people, with a fascinatingly unique culture, whose simplicity was profound, and where every movement had meaning.

For someone who had grown in the rough-and-tumble of Santanderian, and later Alexandrian politics, it was an entirely refreshing new perspective.

When he had the time, the Autokrator of Constancia, still in his full Court uniform with the ceremonial (but in his case, fully-functional) scabbard-ed sword, and the colorful ribbons and shiny medals on his chest, discreetly trailed by his military aide, he approached the Hoennese Prime Minister, made eye contact, and in appreciation of their customs, gave a long, deep, meaningful bow.
Prime Minister Yamanobe and his two sons bowed in return. Though, as a descendant of a samurai family, he and his sons were entitled to wear swords, they had elected not to for this trip, as they had perceived it (unfoundedly, Jiroh now noted) to be a breach of decorum.

Konbanwa, Your Excellency*”, he said to the Autokrator. “It is a pleasure to meet you. I have heard much about your country, but I must apologize for not having been able to arrange a formal visit to the Free and Associative Kingdom.”

* (OOC: Not the right title, I know, but I couldn't find the right one.)
He had listened to the Foreign Ministry official who had briefed him regarding the customs and traditions of their people, as Primo de Aguilar was very interested in the fact that he may have caused a grave offense if he had spoken a certain set of words, or if he had acted somewhat differently. What was interesting about them was that just about everything they did had meaning, even if it was taking tea.

That in itself was a very commendable characteristic.

"I, too, must apologize, Your Excellency, for I have not been able to do the same, despite the relative distance between our two nations."

Yes, the Autokrat of Constancia was indeed very personally chagrined by that very fact.

"Perhaps we may begin a new era between our two peoples? No doubt there is much our nations may be able to learn from each other."

He beckoned them over to nearby seats.
The Yamanobes sat around the table with the Autokrator, Muramasa producing from the folds of his robe a blue cloth pouch tied with a silver-gilt cord, which he hands to his father.

“Of course, Your Excellency, it would be very beneficial to both of our countries to pursue formal diplomatic relations”, Jiroh said, untying the pouch and laying it — and its contents, half-dollar-sized white dough balls — on the table in front of the Autokrator. “Please first allow me to apologize for interrupting to present you with a gift. These are manjuu, a traditional confectionery of the Yashima archipelago, made of flour, rice powder, and buckwheat, which is stuffed with adzuki red bean paste and boiled. We hope that you enjoy them as a treat of the Hoennese Realm.”