Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bill: Caputian Time Standardization Act, 1658
[Image: Gnyq9Sl.png]

CAPUTIAN TIME STANDARDIZATION ACT, 1658

A Bill to provide for the creation of a standardized time zone for the Kingdom of the Union of Caputia.

BE IT ENACTED, therefore, by the Queen's Most Excellent Majesty, by and with the advice and consent of the Lords and Burgesses in this present Parliament assembled, and by the authority of the same, as follows:

ARTICLE 1. Citation.

This bill may be cited for all purposes as “Caputian Time Standardization Act, 1658.”

ARTICLE 2. Caputian Standard Time.

The Kingdom of the Union of Caputia shall operate under “Caputian Standard Time” for all official business. All dates and times required by statute, orders-in-council, or other instruments shall be calculated based on Caputian Standard Time.

ARTICLE 3.  Calculation of Caputian Standard Time.

1. Caputian Standard Time shall be equivalent to the time zone where the Sovereign is resident.
2. Any changes to the calculation of Caputian Standard Time, excepting changes due to Daylight Savings Time, shall be announced and gazetted by the Royal Court or the Home Secretary. The gazetting officer shall also announce the corresponding time in reference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT).
3. Calculation of Daylight Savings Time shall be governed by the time calculations of the time zone where the Sovereign is resident.

ARTICLE 4. Commencement.

This legislation and all the provisions therein shall come into force upon receiving the Royal Assent.
Christophe Landry
Prime Minister of the Kingdom of the Union of Caputia
Order!

Debate will commence on the Caputian Time Standardization Act, 1658.

Debate shall be set for 96 hours, can be extended at any time by request of an MP or at the discretion of The Woolsack.

THE PRIME MINISTER!
My Lord,

I present this Bill to the Chamber to formalize Caputian Standard Time.

Upon a second reading of this Bill, I believe it may require amendments to ensure that we enshrine Her Majesty's declaration to make Anno Nortone our system of dates, while using Caputian Standard Time for official times.

I shall be presenting an amendment to this effect later today.

In the meantime, I remain open to amend and revise as members propose.

I yield.
Christophe Landry
Prime Minister of the Kingdom of the Union of Caputia
ORDER!

Debate has ended, we will now vote on the Bill.

Clear the lobbies!

Vote "AYE", "NAY" or "ABSTAIN".
Blakeslee votes AYE.
George Blakeslee
Foreign Minister of Caputia
Ambassador Plenipotentiary to all Micran Nations
Fitzwater votes AYE.
Carrie Fitzwater
Her Majesty's Chancellor of the Exchequer
Greenstreet votes AYE.
Allen Greenstreet
MP for Bridgemoor
Leader of the Liberal League
Former Minister of Defense
Aye
De Verrau votes YES.
Thomas de Verrau

Her Majesty's Minister of Defense

Seydlitz votes Aye
Rt. Hon. Lt. Gerhardt Eugen Seydlitz PC MP RCAR
Minister of Reconstruction and Infrastructure
Lord Great Chamberlain
NUP MP for Gotfriedplatz, Isles of Caputia

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bill: Oaths of Office Act Gerhardt Eugen Seydlitz 9 65 04-18-2018, 01:56 AM
Last Post: Thomas de Verrau
  Bill: Caputian Code of Law Act, 1658 Christophe Landry 12 110 04-18-2018, 01:55 AM
Last Post: Thomas de Verrau
  Bill: Rights and Privileges Act, 2017 Christophe Landry 29 695 04-06-2018, 06:39 PM
Last Post: The Woolsack
  Bill: Strategic Petroleum Reserve Gerhardt Eugen Seydlitz 9 225 03-28-2018, 09:46 AM
  Bill: Elections Act, 1657. Christophe Landry 13 409 03-18-2018, 12:18 PM
  Bill: Royal Succession Bill, 2017 Christophe Landry 16 386 03-18-2018, 12:15 PM
  Bill: Local Government Act Gerhardt Eugen Seydlitz 19 419 03-18-2018, 12:11 PM
  Bill: National Road Infrastructure Act, 2017 Carrie Fitzwater 27 616 03-04-2018, 06:05 PM
  Bill: Intelligence Act, 2018 Ford Dalton Tollemache 28 628 02-28-2018, 01:44 PM
  Bill: Truth and Reconciliation Act, 2017 Gerhardt Eugen Seydlitz 18 368 02-14-2018, 10:32 AM