Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bill: Caputian Code of Law Act, 1658
Quote:
[Image: Gnyq9Sl.png]

The Caputian Code of Law Act, 1658

A Bill to codify Caputian law, and for other purposes.

BE IT ENACTED, therefore, by the Queen's Most Excellent Majesty, by and with the advice and consent of the Lords and Burgesses in this present Parliament assembled, and by the authority of the same, as follows:

ARTICLE 1. Citation.
This Act shall be officially cited as the "Caputian Code of Law Act, 1658".

ARTICLE 2. Codification.
1. All Caputian laws are to be compiled in a code of law, called the Codex Faciendum, except as otherwise provided by law.

2. The Codex Faciendum shall be arranged by subject within 10 Titles, each composed of a number of numerically designated chapters:

Title I (Chapters 100-199) - General
Title II (Chapters 200-299) - The Executive Branch
Title III ( Chapters 300-399) - The Legislative Branch
Title IV (Chapters 400-499) - The Judicial Branch
Title V (Chapters 500-599) - Agencies, Programs, and Activities
Title VI (Chapters 600-699) - General Statutes
Title VII (Chapters 700-799) - Codex Suffragia (Electoral Code)
Title VIII (Chapters 800-899) - Finance
Title IX (Chapters 900-999) - Criminal Code
Title X (Chapters 1000-1999) - Code of States and Dependencies

3. It shall be the duty of Her Majesty's Government and of Parliament to ensure that the Codex Faciendum is always updated, and properly published by the Zalae Gazette and the Ministry of Home Affairs.

4. Each chapter of the Codex Faciendum is to be numbered by a decimal arrangement carried out three decimal places. (Ex. Title 2 begins with Chapter 200).

5. Each section of a chapter of the Codex Faciendum is to be numbered by a decimal arrangement carried out to two or three decimal places. The first decimal place is to represent the section. The second decimal place is to represent the subsection. The third decimal place is to represent a paragraph. (Ex. Chapter 152 beings with section 152.1 and potential subsection 152.11. If the Chapter has more than 9 sections it beings with Section 152.01.)

ARTICLE 3. Effects on Parliament.

1. Parliament shall make the appropriate changes on the official formats of legislation to ensure compliance with this Act.

2. Legislation under consideration of Parliament must be numbered according to the year and order in which it is enacted.. (Ex. Act 1658.12 is the twelfth Act passed in 1658.)

ARTICLE 4. Committee for Codification.

1. The Parliament shall establish a Committee for Codification, a legislative committee group, in which all Lords and Burgesses of Parliament shall be entitled to be members.
2. The Woolsack may, at their discretion, add individuals to the Committee for Codification who do not have a seat in Parliament for a time to be determined by the Woolsack.
3. The Committee for Codification shall ensure that all laws passed by the Parliament are properly codified at the end of every parliamentary session, and shall issue a certified updated copy to the Zalae Gazette, Parliament, and to the Ministry of Home Affairs.
4. No alterations to passed and assented legislation may be made by the Committee for Codification except to correct clerical, formatting, and spelling errors.

ARTICLE 5. Enforcement Prerogatives.

1. The Queen-in-Council may provide regulations and Orders-in-Council to adequately enforce the provisions of this Act.

ARTICLE 6. Commencement.
This act shall not become law until it has received Royal Assent.
Christophe Landry
Prime Minister of the Kingdom of the Union of Caputia
Order!

Debate will commence on the Caputian Code of Law Act, 1658.

Debate shall be set for 96 hours, can be extended at any time by request of an MP or at the discretion of The Woolsack.

THE PRIME MINISTER!
My Lord,

I present this Code of Law Act to codify our laws and regulations into one main code that is easily searchable and can be referenced easily. This is a practice that is kept in great nations like Natopia and Shireroth, and we should adopt it too to reap the rewards that a well-codified law can give our country.

I, of course, remain open and receptive to any and all proposals and amendments to ensure this Bill is the best it can be.

I yield.
Christophe Landry
My Lord,

Will the Prime Minister clarify whether or not other areas of law-making not covered in this list will be sorted into the "General Statutes" subject?
(04-10-2018, 04:25 PM)Edward Weatherill Wrote: My Lord,

Will the Prime Minister clarify whether or not other areas of law-making not covered in this list will be sorted into the "General Statutes" subject?

My Lord,

Indeed, that is the purpose of the General Statutes subject. Of course, in the future amendments may be made to add or renumber titles as needed. Perhaps it may be wise to create some form of way to ensure clerical amendments are dealt with quickly to ensure that the Code can be updated?

I yield.
Christophe Landry
ORDER!

Debate has ended, we will now vote on the Bill.

Clear the lobbies!

Vote "AYE", "NAY" or "ABSTAIN".
Blakeslee votes AYE.
George Blakeslee
Foreign Minister of Caputia
Ambassador Plenipotentiary to all Micran Nations
Fitzwater votes AYE.
Carrie Fitzwater
Her Majesty's Chancellor of the Exchequer
Greenstreet votes AYE.
Allen Greenstreet
MP for Bridgemoor
Leader of the Liberal League
Former Minister of Defense
Aye

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bill: Caputian Time Standardization Act, 1658 Christophe Landry 9 74 04-19-2018, 07:30 PM
Last Post: Gerhardt Eugen Seydlitz
  Bill: Oaths of Office Act Gerhardt Eugen Seydlitz 9 65 04-18-2018, 01:56 AM
Last Post: Thomas de Verrau
  Bill: Rights and Privileges Act, 2017 Christophe Landry 29 695 04-06-2018, 06:39 PM
Last Post: The Woolsack
  Bill: Strategic Petroleum Reserve Gerhardt Eugen Seydlitz 9 225 03-28-2018, 09:46 AM
  Bill: Elections Act, 1657. Christophe Landry 13 409 03-18-2018, 12:18 PM
  Bill: Royal Succession Bill, 2017 Christophe Landry 16 386 03-18-2018, 12:15 PM
  Bill: Local Government Act Gerhardt Eugen Seydlitz 19 419 03-18-2018, 12:11 PM
  Bill: National Road Infrastructure Act, 2017 Carrie Fitzwater 27 616 03-04-2018, 06:05 PM
  Bill: Intelligence Act, 2018 Ford Dalton Tollemache 28 628 02-28-2018, 01:44 PM
  Bill: Truth and Reconciliation Act, 2017 Gerhardt Eugen Seydlitz 18 368 02-14-2018, 10:32 AM